Parron Hall’s history has roots back to 1947 when D.R. Parron and Stanley Hall incorporated their fledgling company. Then in 1964, Mara-Long- Marsh merged with Parron Hall. Assuming the Parron Hall name, Mara-Long- Marsh’s owners L.B. Herr III and Robert Long were then partnered with Charles G. Hall, known as Skip to his friends, and son of Parron Hall’s founder Stanley Hall. The merger established the Herrs’ interest in a company that would become an industry leader in the San Diego market.
Following the premature death of Skip Hall in 1972, L.B. Herr III acquired majority interest in Parron Hall. In 1978, Jim Herr joined the company and in 1988 assumed control from his father. Under Jim Herr’s leadership, Parron Hall has grown from $6 million in annual sales to sales between $30 and $40 million in recent years.